Love Letter to San Francisco Blog

This is a place where readers of my book Love Letter to San Francisco can contribute their ideas and comments. I am also using the blog to document the creative process of writing a book and self publishing it.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

first copies

i ordered a bunch of copies for myself from cafe press on monday, and they arrived a few days ago and I love them! sure, there's a few tweaks here and there to do but they are sweet pocket sized books and I feel good. just so you know -- it does take them 2 days to make the book and then add the shipping time. (I think I wrote about that before.. but I think it's only fair to let you know)

Jaynel started reading it last night. She's someone who is going through a lot health wise and yet she left me this beautiful message telling me she is so proud of me and that she wanted to have champagne to celebrate, when she shouldn't but it was her genunine happiness for me that meant a huge huge amount. Elizabeth was also amazing and inspired because she has already started writing a book and now she knows that she can do it this way. To me, this domino effect is BEAUTIFUL.

Anyone creative, anyone who wants to write a book about whatever they want can do this now. Don't let the hunt for a publisher hold you up. That can come later, once you are holding a professional, beautiful booklike object in your hand!!!

Here's the other thing: I think I have felt vulnerable about this book a little because there is so much of my spirit in it and the big leap in writing from the spirit is not being afraid that people will rip it to shreds, but that their spirits will hear what my spirit is saying. You know what I mean? I am sort of new at this, sort of not. Anyway. I feel good now as of Monday I felt like I could finally release this, these ideas, these experiences. There is no better feeling other than being in love.. but that's what I write about so it's all in there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home