Love Letter to San Francisco Blog

This is a place where readers of my book Love Letter to San Francisco can contribute their ideas and comments. I am also using the blog to document the creative process of writing a book and self publishing it.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Cafepress

well, when all is said and done, I have to say I am pretty happy with how Cafepress has given me tech support during the whole book thing, and I receive the first copies tomorrow.

They took a bit longer to get to me than I expected, I paid for the 2 day shipping which is 15 dollars and thought they would come today. So I called and they said that it takes 2 days for them in production and then the shipping happens. Oh.. that's good to know so I can tell folks who are going to order them....

Anyway. I have had a beautiful exchange with Lo Bil in Toronto about writing in the past few days, and it was all about how when you are on a roll you cannot take a break, you cannot put it aside, you just have to plow through it until it's done. And, from this journal you might be able to see in the first few entries that I felt like it would never be done.

I am still finding corrections in the prototype that I made. I sent one to Lo, and gave one to Paolo and I have one left for me. Tomorrow I will make special books without the directory to send to friends who might not be coming to san francisco anytime soon so that info is not really that relevant to them.

Plus it's more of the prose poetry part, which I would have liked the whole book to just be stories, but I wanted to offer some value since it's for sale. I wish I was independently wealthy and could publish as many books as I wanted and give them away and leave them at hostels as JX suggested.

Life is full right now. I feel really good, but am also kind of tired, too. Talked with a good friend yesterday about the book, and she reminded me that the book is not an extension of me, it's not my heart, my heart belongs to me, this is something that had to come out and once it's out it's out and it has a life of it's own. That's the beauty of making things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home